Facebook Marketing API 3.2
Facebook has introduced its latest marketing API, V 3.2. According to Facebook, a “new ads run status” with issues is being introduced which will provide details on what is wrong with the Facebook Ad that you have created and what is preventing from getting your Ad delivered to the relevant audience.
How does Facebook API impact the advertisers?
So, you have spent the last 2 hours researching your target audience, developing creatives and ad copies. You are now ready to publish the ad. Here is how the new update is going to help you-
- Advertisers will now get alert advertisers when an ad fails to run and deliver.
- Not just the alert, but the API will offer more details so that you don’t have to keep guessing where you went wrong!
- The API’s “Ads Run” Status, which is the new feature, will list the error codes that prevent the Ads from running.
This is a really good initiative by Facebook. It will definitely help the advertisers to quickly analyze the problem and resolve them. This will particularly help in any time-sensitive campaigns (Christmas and New Year is coming!!)
Developers keep these important points in mind
- All versions prior to Marketing API v3.0 will be deprecated on October 23, 2018.
- All apps need to be on at least v3.2.
- Developers should specify /v3.2/ in your URLs when you call the API.
- To see details of changes in v3.2, see the Graph API v3.2 Changelog.
- SDK developers should view our latest Java SDK, PHP SDK, Python SDK, or Ruby SDK.
Hope this article helped you in some way! Make sure to let me know what has the new API helped you.